Concordia University PA Student Update, April 2016
Thursday, April 14, 2016
By Dalal Hasan
Over the past years, Concordia University’s PA program has participated and continue to participate in many activities that help serve the community while the PA students gain valuable experiences. Here are a few of the functions of the CUW PA program:
- They hold blood drives at Concordia University’s campus.
- They participate in health fairs where the PA students will obtain a history and conduct physical exams/
- They helped build Kayla’s playground in Franklin WI for children with disabilities.
- Raised awareness at the Moved with Compassion event for individuals for disabilities. They built display boards to help educate the population.
- They participate in annual Interprofessional Education seminars, where PAs, PhD, OT/PT, RNs, social work, psychologists, RDs. all learn from each other how to provide safer and better quality care for the patents.
- They teach a groups of college students from Bethesda College, a 2-year postsecondary certificate program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, about dental and medical care.